Thursday, September 9, 2010

Magic Jack

Welcome to my blogger blog about Magic Jack, the deep discount voip phone service.

I'll be using this blog to publicize my rants, raves and reviews about the magic jack phone service. Hopefully you'll find it entertaining and informative. I'll do my best.

If you're not familiar with Magic Jack, where have you been? Seriously. With all the commercials this company has ran? At any rate, if you have somehow missed out on it, I have the inside scoop just for you. Read on.

Magic Jack is a USB dongle (I love that word. Really. I think it might be a maturity thing. But whatever.) that you plug into an open USB port on your computer. You plug a phone line into the other end. That's it. Make phone calls. Really.

The added bonus is that it works. But don't take my word for it. Read some of the magic jack reviews available online, or ask someone you know that uses the product.

The first time you plug the device into your computer, the installation program runs. Magic Jack installs itself in under 10 minutes and it works with both Windows and Mac computers.

Cheap. Twenty bucks a year for unlimited local and long distance calling. Beat that. I've personally been using Magic Jack as my ONLY phone service (yes, not even a cell phone) for almost three years now. That's a lot of money saved.

By eliminating my cell phone and home phone bills, I estimate that I've saved approximately $3600 so far. That's a lot of money to a struggling college student, an elderly or disabled person on a fixed income, or the working poor.

So yeah the money saved is kind of a big deal.

Cool. Yeah cool. I love gadgets. Most people my age love gadgets. That's not to say that plenty of older people aren't into gadgets too. But I primarily socialize with younger people so that's what I know about best. And magic Jack is a cool gadget.

Anyway, I have class soon, so... that wraps up the first post! I appreciate you reading and hope that you will read future posts as well. Adios.